Thursday, June 29, 2006

"We Touched Heaven"

Terry said:

The Church at Winters Park was shaken by the Holy Spirit in a big and beautiful way last night. It was our first time to meet for Bible Study at Winters Park (we will be meeting every Wednesday evening at 6:30 pm), and if last night is any indication, we are all in for an incredible ride. I never dreamed that such a powerful experience could be had in such a short amount of time.

One of the residents, Dora, really got my attention; she was jumping out of her wheelchair totally moved by the Holy Spirit and excited by the Word of God. You could tell that she hung on every word that came out of Pastor David's mouth. Dora wasn't the only one alive in the Holy Spirit -- Taj, a native of India, blessed us all with words of love and encouragement that only the Holy Spirit could translate .... and translate He did. Our hearts were filled with great warmth and joy from the words this beautiful, Godly woman spoke. I couldn't help but smile (from ear to ear) as Thelma, an awesome woman from a conservative baptist background, lifted her hands to the Lord on high with emotion and joy for what appeared to be the first time. I could tell by the joy in her face, by the twinkle in her eye that she was truly in love with her Savior and that she had forgotten her physical pain. I, too, was moved by the message and the movement of His Spirit and love -- how could I not be!

The turnout was great and was received well by all -- even several of the staff often paused from their duties to hear the Word of God and sing sweet songs of praise.

I would like to personally thank Rick for his faithfulness … for sharing his gifts of music and his love for Christ, as well.

Experiencing God so deeply together with the beautiful body of Christ has me looking forward to our Sunday worship and now to the Wednesday Bible Study. Once a week just wasn't enough!

As I reflect on last night, I can only come to one conclusion: I experienced Church … the way it was meant to be. We often say: "We are going to church," but even sweeter is being the Church … the true bride of our loving Savior, Jesus Christ. I don't deserve this blessing, but through His blood, all is well with my soul.

I wish everyone a safe and glorious holiday weekend and pray with bended knee for the residents, friends, and families of Winters Park!

Blessings,
T

Rosemary said:

"Last evening, did you hear Dora or did she tell you? As she reached out to Jane next to her, she says to me, "We both agree that we have touched heaven tonight." What a blessed moment for me.

We did touch heaven last evening. As we shared Truth with one another, we were lifted higher and higher. Some of us were lifted out of our pain for a moment, being set free in the Truth that sets one free. Marie was so very thankful that we came. I sensed a peace about her."

That was part of an e-mail that Rosemary sent me this morning. Last night was our 1st Wed. bible study/fellowship and there's not much more that I can say than what Rosemary said. We laughed, cried, worshiped, praised God, sang, raised our hands to God, rejoiced, prayed, held hands, hugged, read God's word, discussed God's word...It was a great day!! D

No comments: