Monday, April 23, 2007

Blessings

I never cease to be amazed at how I receive more than I give at Winters Park. These folks have become our family and they take care of us and love us like we are their very own. A couple of weeks ago I was having a very difficult time, very depressed and down. I showed up knowing that I had to have a message to share but my heart was still struggling with the events of the prior week. Without any prompting, the folks at WP began sharing how much they love us and what we mean to them. They told me how much they appreciated me bringing the Word of God to them every week and that if we didn't come nobody would. At the end of services I stepped down from the front and was stopped by several residents that felt the need to tell me how much they love me and hugged my neck. I believe that it is this kind of love that is going to change our community and reach Garland with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. At WP I simply get to be who I am, all of my faults and deficiencies, and still be loved unconditionally.

D

No comments: