Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Help me to understand

Dear Lord,

In my ignorance I struggle with dealing with the challenges of many of the residents. I spoke to a man Sunday about his life and how bitter and angry he is with you and I must say I find it hard to understand why so many of these people must suffer so much. He was a builder of airplanes, elder in his church, successful business man, taught water skiing and C&W dancing and was very active serving other people. "How can God do this to me after all the years of service to Him?" Parkinsons is a terrible disease that steals the life from people in their prime. "I had always romanticized about retiring and spending my life serving God and loving my wife, enjoying the blessings that God had given me. Instead I'm confined to a 20'x20' room for the rest of my life." My warm and fuzzy life was interrupted with the reality of humanity. Why doesn't your church take care of these beautiful people, why is it so difficult to find someone to come and love these folks, why don't family members visit more often, why don't we respect these folks and help them to grow old and die with dignity and respect????

Father, forgive me for my frustration and lack of faith. Help me to see you in the lives at Winters Park. Please send out workers to meet the needs and be Jesus to these people, not just at Winters Park but at all nursing homes. Thank you so much for those that you have sent to serve with us, they are the most awesome people that I know, they give me hope.

I pray that I would live by faith and not by sight!!

Thank you Father! I love you! David

No comments: